Success for all Science Majors
Remember your first day of college? You were probably excited, nervous and a little overwhelmed!
It would have been nice to have a home base where you could connect with other science majors who were going through similar experiences, have access to academic, career and health resources, and find answers to all your burning questions (Like, how do I make sense of the room numbering system?)
Welcome to the College of Sciences Student Success Center (SSC). Located in the heart of the college, the SSC empowers students by supporting their educational and social needs, developing their “Science Identity”, and serving as a hub for mentoring, clubs, and events.
The Student Success Center provides resources to enhance academic success, career development, and promote community and belonging through workshops and connection through mentorship. Students develop confidence and ownership of their identity as scientists beyond the classroom or lab.
Science Mentors host events to help foster wellbeing, connection and belonging
The Student Success Center is home to events and programs such as...
- Taste of Success where alumni are welcomed back to campus to share their post-graduation career journeys with current students
- Science Mentors this select group of upperclassmen are trained by the SCC to serve as mentors to lowerclassmen and help them navigate their undergraduate programs with confidence
- Viva Science! a new tradition to kick off the semester and welcome new science majors. This event is full of fun activities, food and community-building
We want to provide even more resources to our science students, and we are asking for your help to accomplish our vision
- Free dues for student organizations to remove barriers so students can find their community, network and deepen their academic, career and hobby interests
- Skill-based learning opportunities such as funding for travel and registration at research and professional conferences
- Enhance and support current programming as our student population grows (this year was our largest incoming freshman class ever!) so does our need to expand and enhance our foundational programs that help students succeed in and outside of the classroom
Last year, you helped raise over $40,000 from 90+ people to support research, scholarships and more in the college – this year, with your help, our goal is to raise $50,000 from 100 donors!
We invite you to support student success by making a gift to the Student Success Center!
Every gift to the College of Sciences counts toward our goals!
Raising $25,000 unlocks and additional $25,000 for the Student Success Center
Reaching 100 donors unlocks an additional $25,000 for scholarships in the college
Passionate about other areas in the College of Sciences?
Every gift to any area in the College of Sciences counts for Giving Day and helps us unlock our challenge gifts! Select ‘Other’ in the drop-down menu to support the department, endowment, scholarship, research area or program you are most passionate about. Thank you for your thoughtful generosity and participation!