Feeding Student Success
The Whataburger Resource Rooms, also known as the Roadrunner Pantry, serve the UTSA community through food and hygiene essentials. With all our generous donations, we have been able to serve 42,814 visitors, distribute 338,921 pounds of food and 58,497 non-food items such as toiletries and hygiene products since 2017.
Through generous donations, the Whataburger Resource Rooms are able to purchase fresh produce, dairy, and bread weekly in order to provide visitors with nutritious items in a self-shopping model. Students can also learn sustainable skills through pantry events and programs like SNAP workshops, recipes in a microwave, and budget shopping.
“Having the pantry to rely on when I am running low on food or supplies in general is one of the best feeling ever and I'm very happy with the work that is being done here for us. I am so grateful for the pantry! I wouldn't have enough to eat otherwise.”
- UTSA Sophomore
Donations received during Giving Day 2023 and throughout the year, also go towards purchasing special food packs during holidays and study days kits for all campuses. Your donations have made it possible to start the Graduation Gown Lending Program last year.
It is through our combined efforts to Feed Student Success that we ensure no goes hungry and thrives on the way to their degree.
- Donations of $5 or more will receive a Student Union sticker
- Donations of $10 or more will receive an I FEED STUDENT SUCCESS button
- The first 250 donors of $25 or more will receive a coupon for a Free Whataburger hamburger
- The first 50 donors of $50 or more will receive Whataburger swag
- Donations of $100 or more will receive their name on a paper plate displayed on the 2023 Pantry Donor Wall of Fame in the Student Union
- All donations of $500 or more will be put in a drawing for a Whataburger gift basket including Whataburger swag and 52 Whataburger coupons
- The first five donations of $1,000 or more will receive a Six Flags Fiesta Texas gift basket, including 2 park tickets, sports bottles, and swag (valued at $175.00)
If you are interested in donating to other wellbeing initiatives for students, consider the Wellbeing and Mental Health Initiatives, Student Emergency, or the UTSA Recovery Center.